There are many different types of airbrush products on the market today and the type that is used makes all the difference. Artistic technique also has a rather big impact on how the resulting application will look. I use a vegan (and cruelty free) and water-based foundation from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics one of the leading manufactures of airbrush makeup. Not only made to last 12 plus hour with minimal touch-ups required, it is highly compatible with all skin types. I also use a professional airbrush gun and compressor made by Iwata, one of the leading airbrush manufacturers in the world. (Recently, I've added Kett and Graftobian Airbrush foundations to my makeup kit, please ask me about them!)
The reason airbrush makeup looks so much smoother than traditional foundation is simple; it is applied with a fine mist of air, rather than being pushed into the skin and pores like traditional foundation, minimizing the appearance of skin texture and pores. The result in an extremely smooth, long-lasting finish. I feel so strongly that airbrush foundation is essential in ensuring flawless and enduring makeup that I offer complementary airbrush for every bride as well as for all her bridal party members.
1. What is Airbrush Makeup? Airbrushing is a patented makeup application technique that utilizes compressed air through an “airbrush” with drops of color ie: foundation, blush, etc. to spray on a fine mist of makeup. Most clients find the application technique rather soothing and since traditional brushes are not used during this technique you never have to worry about sanitation.
2. How does it feel? Airbrush makeup is exceptionally lightweight. Most clients say they feel as if they aren’t even wearing makeup.
3. What are the benefits of airbrush makeup? Airbrush makeup provides flawless coverage by minimizing skin imperfections while giving skin a beautifully natural finished looking result. Airbrush makeup is water resistant and will last for up to twelve hours or more.
4. Does it cover tattoos, scars, etc? Yes, with a proprietary, patented “paramedical” airbrush makeup all skin imperfections including tattoos, scars, birthmarks, vitiligo, stretch marks, and post-op surgery patients can be concealed.
5. Is Airbrush Makeup right for everyone? Airbrush makeup is suitable for women of all ages and every skin condition. The makeup is hypoallergenic and fragrance free. In fact “Airbrush Makeup” is the only makeup that is suitable for the new “High Definition” standard in television.